Here is the fudgiest brownie in a mug recipe I’ve found
Here are some fun sites
Here is a master post of Adventure Time episodes and comics
Here is a master post of movies including Disney and Studio Ghibli
Here is a master post of other master posts to TV shows and movies
*tucks you in with fuzzy blanket* *pats your head*
You’ll be okay, friend <3
i will reblog this everytime it shows up because any of my followers could have a bad night right now
For when boredom strikes!
i’ll add more as i find them & there’s more under the cut in categories!
Please tell me if any links don’t work:}
- 100+ cool games
- sleep calculator
- essay typer
- rice questions
- artsy-fartsy pretty thing
- survive nature
- tumblr music
- calming rain
- loads of references
text tricks; click the <html> button in the corner
<small> makes things smaller. the more <small> you use, the smaller it gets.
<big> same applies with big
<sup> makes things go up up up up
<sub> makes things go down down down down
<u> makes …
It’s a custom SAI brush I made with some nice textures I found! It’s a really neat brush to sketch and color with, and the more you go over it, the more solid the color becomes; just like real chalk!
Feel free to use these settings for your own drawings, and if you do, please show me! I’d love to see what you can do with it! <3
Includes torso, head, foot, and various hand poses - select from menu on the right!
Hello, writerly friends~ ♥︎
You asked for a Writing Advice Masterpost, so here it is! Below you will find a collection of the best questions and answers from the last two years. Not only that, but they are also organized so you can find the answers to your questions quickly and get on with writing.
But wait, there is more!
This post is more than just a collection of advice, it’s a nexus for writing advice, resources, and information! That’s right, this post is going to grow over time. I will be updating this masterpost WEEKLY with new answers, writing advice videos, playlists, and more! So, make sure to bookmark this page and follow my blog (maxkirin.tumblr.com) so you don’t miss a thing~ ♥︎
Writing Advice Compilations
- WRITERS UNITE! A book of writing advice, inspiration, and tips! Written with the help of 248 Tumblr authors. FREE DOWNLOAD!
- Daily Story Seed
- Daily Weird Prompt
- Daily Character Question
- Your Writing Horoscope (Retired)
- "Can I publish a story based on one of your prompts?"
Virtual Writing Academy
- Episode #01: Writing An Intense Scene
- Episode #02: Fleshing Out Characters
- Episode #03: Writing An Engaging Story
- Episode #04: Writing Different POVs
- Episode #05: Writing A Compelling Antagonist
- Episode #06: Writing Things You Have Never Experienced
- Episode #07: Writing About Someone Who is Different Than You
- Episode #08: The Harsh Reality of Being a ‘Hero’
- Episode #09: Senses And Details
- Episode #10: Improving Dialogue (Without Writing Dialogue)
- Episode #11: A Fun (And Silly) Exercise
Motivation & Inspiration
- Daily Writer Positivity
- How to Finish Your First Novel (M. Kirin’s Origin Story)
- What Confidence Is and Is NOT
- How to Regain the Motivation to Finish That Book
- "I’m afraid writing is a waste of time"
- "I’m half-way through this book and I’m stuck"
- Stop Trying to Impress People
- Stop Trying to Make Your Parents Proud of your Writing
- Your Parents Disapprove of Your Writing?
- You’re Not The Worst Writer In The World
- English Not Your First Language? Neither is Mine
- A Tip for All Young Writers Worrying That Nobody Will Take Them Seriously
- Dealing with Hate and Harsh Criticism
- You Need to Develop a Thick Skin
- Neil Gaiman’s “Make Good Art” Speech
- Feeling Down About Your Writing? :c
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s Inspirational Speech on the ‘Genius’
- Neil Gaiman’s 8 Rules of Writing
- "I am not as good as other writers" (and other lies)
- The 7 Cardinal Rules of Writing Life
- Be A Little Delusional
Planning, Outlining, and Getting Started
- M. Kirin’s (Strange) Guide to Planning Your Novel
- M. Kirin’s Click-n-Drag Story Generator
- Which outlining method is the best? (Video)
- "I want to write a book but I have no idea where to start"
- The Story-Idea Test
- M. Kirin’s Secret for Starting books, and Finishing Them
- M. Kirin’s Top 3 Tips to Start Writing and Never Stopping
- The 10-Minute Writing Trick
- Tips for writing Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Paranormal
- How Much Worldbuilding is Enough?
- M. Kirin’s #1 Tip For Improving Your Writing
- Let’s Talk About: Show VS Tell
- The Difference Between Character & Plot (The Marcy Rule)
- M. Kirin talks about authentic dialogue
- The grammatical side of dialogue
- How do I write numbers in dialogue?
Editing & Revision
- M. Kirin’s Top 5 Revision Tips
- How to Love and Care for Your Beta Readers
- M. Kirin’s (subjective) secret recipe for the second draft
- When is the best time to edit a story?
- M. Kirin Talks About Editing, and Speeding Up Your Story
- M. Kirin Uses Evernote to Revise Books
- "Kill Your Darlings" VS "Cut What You Love"
- Writing Killer Plot-Twists and Mystery Novels
- "How long is a Rough Draft compared to the Finished Draft?"
Hot Button Issues
- Realism is a dirty word
- Racist & homophobic language in fiction
- Inaccuracy in Fiction (Video)
- M. Kirin drops a few bombs on ‘creative vocabulary’
- "I want to write but I don’t have the time"
- Is it bad to have too many LGBTQIA or POC characters?
- "My antagonist is POC/LGBTQIA, is this bad?"
- "All my characters are LGBTQIA, is this bad?"
- When to let go of a story
- Is it rational to be afraid of what people will think of you?
- Let’s Talk About: Deus Ex Machina
- Let’s Talk About: Coincidence in Writing
- Let’s Lightly Talk About: Plagiarism & Copyright
- Writing About Things You Have Never Experienced
- "Do you need to go to college/university to be a good writer?"
- My book is similar to something already out, what do I do?
- M. Kirin’s Cure For Writer’s Block (and Life Block)
- Overcoming the First Sentence
- Overcoming the First Sentence, Again
- Overcoming the First Sentence, Redux
- The 10-Minute Rule
- Making Boring Scenes FUN to Write!
- Stories are like children
- Let’s Talk About Titles (And Then Talk Some More)
- M. Kirin Reveals the ‘Secret’ Behind Style
- How much description/scenery is too much?
- How can I write faster?
- I want my readers to love my characters
- I think my book may be too short for my genre
- My story doesn’t have an Antagonists, should I add one?
- I killed one of my main characters by mistake, what do I do?
- M. Kirin’s Writing Advice for Fleshing out Romantic Relationships
- A warning about character names and meanings
- Help! My characters are not doing what I expected them to!
- Help! My characters are misbehaving! D:
- A warning about character sheets
- A talk about the beauty of first drafts, and pacing
- Is getting attached to your characters… bad?
- A note on Antagonism, and whether you need a villain or not
- Past or present tense?
- Is swearing okay? And other muthafuckin’ truths
- "What emotion do you find hardest to write?"
- "What writing software do you use?"
- Communication, a must for collaborative works
- Researching illegal things, cousin? I got just the thing for you!
- Joss Whedon’s Top 10 Writing Tips
- M. Kirin’s Tarot Cheat-Sheet
- Writing Tips for Storytelling in Video-Games
- Fair Use In Novels (by thedancingwriter)
- Let’s Talk About: Pen Names!
- Let’s Talk About: Reactive VS Proactive Characters
- Let’s Talk About: Transitioning Smoothly From Scene to Scene
- Let’s Talk About: Writing The Climax (& Resolution)
- Let’s Talk About: Writing The End
- Let’s Talk About: Spies
Writing Music & Playlists
- Writing In The Dark (Relaxing, Unobtrusive)
- Writing About Love (All the Feels)
- Writing & Fighting! (Super Intense!)
- Writing About Horror (Welcome to Lavender Town)
- Royalty And Noble Blood (Medieval Writing Playlist)
- Digital Reality (Cyberpunk/Futuristic Playlist)
- Lost In The Wild (Survival/Nature Playlist)
- Music For Writers: Portal 2 Soundtrack (FREE)
- M. Kirin’s Writing Playlists: Ravensgem
- M. Kirin’s Writing Playlists: Justine’s Blood
- M. Kirin’s Favorite Music to Listen to While Writing
- M. Kirin’s Secret For Making Playlists
Last Updated: 09-06-14. Click HERE to see the latest update. Latest posts are in Italics.
So my historical costuming resources list from 2011 was less than a page long- I’m not saying that I’ve learned a lot in the past three years, but this list is now sitting pretty at a solid nine pages. Whew. And people wonder why I want to redo this damn series.
here ill post these together!! luv this water brush
Because this didn’t come in my SAI and I bet it didn’t with other people’s, here’s a pack of more textures (including the lava one!!!). Go to your SAI folder and just dump the ones you’d like in the brushtex folder (or w/e you have it called)
Foam and Worbla armour MEGA TUTORIAL
Tutorial by AmenoKitarou
Super duper awesome and helpful! I am totally going to try this out for my Garrosh cosplay.
HEY TUMBLR, LET’S PLAY A GAME
To play this game, go to MapCrunch, select “hide location”, make sure you have all countries unselected, and click go. What this will do is drop you in a random part of the world. It’s as if you woke up on the side of a road in an unfamiliar country. The goal of the game is to find your way to an airport so you can return home.
Bonus Hard Mode: No using outside sources, and that includes using google maps to figure out your location from signs or landmarks
…I had plans today but now.
THE AIRPORT GAME IS BACK.
FUCK THIS GAME
LAST TIME I PLAYED IT DUMPED ME IN THE MOUNTAINS OF NORWAY
I PLAYED FOR LIKE 8 HOURS BEFORE BREAKING DOWN CRYING
OMG NO STOP THIS GAME IS MY LIFE!!!
WHY IS THIS BACK
I HAVEN’T USED THIS GIF SINCE FEBRUARY